Position No. 1- Software Developer
Scope of work:
- analyzing user requirements;
- designing and writing new software programs;
- testing new programs and fault finding;
- evaluating the software and systems that make computers and hardwar work;
- developing existing programs by analysing and identifying areas for modification;
- integrating existing software products and getting incompatible platforms to work together;
- investigating new technologies;
- creating technical specifications and test plans;
- working with computer coding languages;
- writing operational documentation with technical authors;
- maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects;
- working closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists,
- designers, developers, systems analysts, and sales and marketing professionals;
- consulting clients/colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and asking questions to obtain information, clarify details and implement information;
- continually updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate
- Diploma or Professional Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of Java or PHP, C AND/OR C++ is essential
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux OS AND Unix/Linux commands and scripting is essential
- 3 – 5 years working experience in the software development environment(with active participation in the Coding & Unit Testing area)
- Knowledge of software project lifecycle
- Must be willing to work odd hours.
- Full time position
Position No. 2- Systems Engineer / Senior Systems Engineer
Scope of work:
Team members will typically have a focus on either being more involved in reactive (break/fix)
activities or more in a proactive (preparing operating system or infrastructure upgrade) activities. Focus may change periodically, depending on team activities needing to be done at any point in time, as well as resources and skills available. The job also requires the candidate to travel extensively.
- Responsible for the operational support of server infrastructure, including operating system installation, patching, upgrade to both hardware and operating system.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer system and networks.
- Troubleshooting system and network problem and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults.
- Support server, network & system access security and day to day IT operation.
- Carry out of routines as assigned report to HOD.
- To be able to manage and support Windows, Linux and Cent OS.
At least 2 years’ experience in a multi-disciplined IT environment with strong background in service delivery, operational support, and proactive management.
- Candidate must possess at least Graduate Degree in Electricals & Electronics Engineering, Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent
- Required Skill(s): Knowledge of Open Source base, Linux, Suse, Cent OS, Windows Server, Dns, SAN Storage, VMware, able to manage LDAP are advantage.
- Unix administration skills in Linux, Sun and/or AIX (advantage for candidate)
- Storage, backup and recovery
- Unix Security knowledge
- Experience with Networking: TCP/IP, Ethernet networks, etc.
- Knowledge of NIS, NFS, DNS, LDAP
- Friendly, energetic, passionate, independently and able to working long hours.
- Poses driving license
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be willing to work odd hours and ‘on call’.
- Available for employment immediately
- Well disciplined
- Full time position